Berthold Electric manufactures high-quality custom DC busducts listed by Underwriters Laboratories Inc. Used primarily in tele-communications applications, these busducts are sheet metal-enclosed busways manufactured in sections of varying length and used to tie together your battery, rectifier, and power distribution bays.
Berthold Electric Busduct Advantages
- Each busduct is site-specific. An expert Berthold Electric engineer will visit your site whenever necessary to create a design that takes into consideration required voltage drop, intended equipment layout, physical constraints, and any other requirements or potential impediments.
- A Berthold Electric busduct is not only a safer and more attractive assembly than an open bus system, but provides cost savings as well. Our optimal design techniques can minimize installation time and expense by up to 50 percent.
- Our design is based on voltage drop accurately calculated by an experienced design engineer, not temperature rise—which helps assure reliable, continuous service for your customers.
- Berthold Electric busducts deliver greater safety than open or plexiglass-enclosed bus systems—as indicated by their Underwriters Laboratories listing.
- Berthold Electric busducts may be routed both horizontally and from floor to floor to meet your unique site requirements.
- Our busducts are manufactured at our facility, and can generally be made with minimal lead times and shipped directly to your site—saving on installation time and site space.
- You can customize your Berthold Electric busducts by choosing from a wide range of available options, including shunts installed in the busduct to provide current monitoring; copper bus “hard drops” installed in power and/or rectifier bays; battery disconnect cabinets, PDSC, or AC rectifier overcorrect protection cabinets; external ground return assemblies; and much more.